Friday, February 21, 2014

Customer Service

Today I had to call a retailer regarding an order that I returned.  I was not looking forward to it.  I'm sure you know why.  You dial the 800 number, punch in a bunch of prompts, and then wait some more.  If you're really unlucky you'll have to explain yourself to every voice you end up coming in contact with before they can't help you and transfer you to someone else to start the process all over again.  I think my record is 4 transfers.  And that is if you get through.  In this particular case I stayed on hold for 16 mins and 51 seconds before a voice showed up.  Fun?  Heck no.  Frustrating?  Oh Yes.   Does it make me want to buy anything else from them ever?  Not really.

You won't have that with Marvin Windows of New York.  Marvin Windows is a big company, yes.  Marvin Windows of New York is not.  We are a small distributor and although we do have an 800 number, it goes right to our bubbly receptionist, Marcia who will happily connect you to the department you need.  No weird hold music, no electronic prompts, just people.  That is the way the majority of their products are sold, through smaller distribution companies, depending on the geographic area.

Marvin makes some great products, ones with 20-year warrantees.  Something our customers expect is great customer service, and we can provide that.  If you buy our products, or just inherit them through the house you buy, we are the service behind them.  Whether it's something small or something big, we have an actual team of actual Marvin employees going to service your product.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.
    Replacement Doors And Windows
    Windows And Doors Las Vegas
    Window Installation Service

    ReplyDelete